Monday, April 21, 2014

C4T Comments and Summaries #4

First Comment
"Mr. Jeff Utecht,
My name is Savannah Price, and I am a student in EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama. In this class, we are assigned to a teacher’s blog to comment on every two weeks. This week, I was assigned to you!
Let me just start off by saying that I really like the layout of your blog site! You seem like you are a family man, as well as a great educational role model.
I really enjoyed this blog post. My cousin plays MLB, so I can definitely relate to the excitement felt when arriving at the baseball field. I’m sure that was a wonderful experience for you to be a part of spring training. I really enjoyed reading this post, and I look forward to reading and commenting on another post in the future.
Good luck to you and your career in the field of education!"

First Summary

I really enjoyed reading Jeff Utecht's most recent blog post about baseball practice. I have a cousin that plays Major League Baseball, and I have been fortunate enough to attend some MLB games. There is definitely a rush felt when you walk into a MLB stadium.  It is amazing to see the different types of people there from all over the country to support their favorite team. Mr. Utecht wrote this blog post on March 31, 2014. He was attending the spring training of all baseball athletes. While he was there, he said that it was neat to see the differences in the single A players versus the triple A.  He also got to experience the spring training games with his mother, father, and wife who also have a love for the game. Jeff said that his father drilled him daily about baseball, and if they weren't talking about it, they were practicing. Baseball was his life, and what a great experience for Jeff Utecht to be able to go to MLB spring training with his father.

Second Comment

"Mr. Utecht,
My name is Savannah Price, and I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. We are assigned a teacher blog to comment on every other week, and this week I was assigned to you!

I have never heard of Flipboard. I really enjoyed reading your post and learning about this technology tool. I believe that it is very useful in the classroom with its ease of sharing and the way that you can personalize your own Flipboards. I agree that textbooks are becoming obsolete, and eventually all books will be available as an e-book.

I’m glad that I had the chance to read your blog post, and I look forward to possibly teaching with Flipboards in my future as a teacher."

Second Summary

On March 25, Mr. Utecht posted to his blog about the use of Flipboards. I really enjoyed reading this post because I have never heard of Flipboards. He posted a video about them to his blog as well. What a neat concept. It is basically your own virtual magazine that you can create and share with peers, teachers, and anyone! I like how easy it is to share things, it can be installed on any device, has an easy layout, and you can connect with many different accounts. I also like the idea that teachers can have their own magazines and flip through the magazine on their device while sharing it with the class. Students are also able to create their own content and questions on Flipboard, and then share that information with the class. Flipboard really seems like a great teaching tool to use in the classroom as well as a great way to get every student involved in the topic at hand. I hope that I will be able to use an app like this in the future when I become a teacher.
Flipboard



No comments:

Post a Comment