Thursday, February 6, 2014

C4T Summary Posts and Comments

My first C4T Comment: "I am a student the University of South Alabama, and I am enrolled in EDM 310. We are assigned a teacher to comment on, and I was assigned to you. The Manaiakalani Film Festival seems like a very fun event. The students seem to really enjoy this festival. I am amazed at the confidence these children have while speaking in front of all the other students. These students are very talented in the arts.
Keep up the good work with this film festival!"


First Summary of C4T
The Manaiakalani teacher blog is about "living local learning global." November 13, 2013 marked
the sixth year of the Manaiakalani Film Festival. 3,000 students visited this festival that expanded to two theaters over a 12 hour span. These students came from schools around the town to visit and partake in this event. It is a very elaborate learning festival for children to engage in film making. Some students even partake in this festival by showcasing in movies. It is very remarkable to see how  much courage these children have to get up in front of the audience and perform. I think this is a very neat festival for children to attend, and I hope that Manaiakalani will be able to continue this festival for years too come. 






manaiakalani film festival https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&docid=UTcWT2iZqiSExM&tbnid=wswDSjRVS4S_VM:&ved=&url=https%3A%2F%2Fsites.google.com%2Fa%2Fmanaiakalani.org%2Fwww%2Ffilm-festival%2Ffilm-festival-2013&ei=leIcU_biI6KC2wXQ3IHYBw&psig=AFQjCNH3h1pom1chpnMq_igVakzeptn2bA&ust=1394488342077389



My second C4T Comment:
"My name is Savannah Price, and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I have commented on your later post, and for my EDM 310 class I am assigned to comment on another one of your posts. I think it is awesome that Pt. England has "gone Google". It is really amazing to me that the students in the elementary grades know so much about the internet and technology. It is awesome that these young students are able to teach their parents about such things as Google. Google Docs is a great tool to help students enhance their learning on their own, and collaborate with other students and teachers. Technology has come so far, and I know it will just continue to keep advancing. Congratulations to all of the students and teachers who have taken the time to learn about the technology of Google, and good luck with technology in the future!"


Second Summary of of C4T
On Wednesday, October 16, 2013, Manaiakalani posted a Google video. This video talks about how
Manaiakalani advances with Google. A team of Google experts came to Pt. England School to make
a video with them and their learners. These young people really received an amazing experience
because they got to work with these experts, and their video was published on YouTube. Everyone
had the privilege to learn how certain people have to work together to create a film.  The Google education helps children and teachers work collaboratively. The teachers have seen that students with access to the internet are able to manage their own learning. I think it is awesome how the students of Manaiakalani have enhanced learning through this Google experience


google experiences














No comments:

Post a Comment