Wednesday, March 12, 2014

C4T Comments and Summaries #2

My First Comment
"Terie,
     I am a student at the University of South Alabama in EDM 310. We are assigned a teacher to comment on every couple of weeks, and I was assigned to you!
     I really enjoyed reading your post. I have been very interested in laptops lately. I have been pondering as to if I should keep my iPad or go to a Mac or another laptop. By reading the pros and cons on the Acer Chromebook, it has helped with my decision making. 
     The pros you have stated would also be pros I would enjoy with this Acer. Lightweight is a huge plus for me. Having students use a lightweight device is a lot more comfortable for the student. 
     The cons are also a big concern to me. The no installing software is an issue for me. I really enjoy using iTunes and other softwares, so this would be an issue for me. 
     I really enjoyed reading your blog, and thank you for the wonderful information on the Acer Chromebook. I believe that this would be a good option to use in an educational or classroom setting. 
     I look forward to reading some more blogs in the future if I am assigned to you."
acer chromebook

My First Summary
On Sunday, January 19, 2014 Terie Engelbrecht posted to peoplegogy blog that she recently got an Acer Chromebook. Terie is addicted to Google, and the Chromebook is strictly a Google laptop. She said that the pros of this laptop are that it is lightweight and portable. Some cons are that they do not allow any installing or downloading unless it is Google. You can not use iTunes on this laptop. I would not want to use this laptop for myself, but I think it would be a good one to use for educational purposes in a classroom setting.

My Second Comment
"Dr. Will, my name is Savannah Price, and I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. I really enjoyed reading your post about edcamps. This sounds like a great opportunity for teachers to discuss different ways they are teaching in the classroom. I think I will definitely try to attend one of these events if I am able to when I become a teacher. I enjoyed your blog, and thank you for working towards the technological opportunities for education."

My Second Summary
Monday, March 3, 2014, Dr. Will posted to the peoplegogy blog about Edcamps. He explains that these are unconferenced get togethers where teachers socialize, discuss, and connect with each other about what is going on in each others classrooms.  Dr. Will attended his first unconference in Jackson, MS on March 1st.  Dr. Will enjoyed this unconference because he said that it made him feel like he was part of something bigger.  He believes it is important to use technology to transform education.  In this post, Dr. Will thanks all of the sponsors who donated "door prizes and swag."  This entire blog was actually created out of Dr. will's mission to explore and share educational applications of web 2.0 tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment